Dr. Timber Yuen
Member of the McMaster Experiential Learning Task Force
B. Tech. Automotive & Vehicle Technology Program
Phone: 289-674-0250 x 59101
Address: MARC 270
- Ph.D. “Control of Robotic Fixtureless Assembly”, Mechanical Engineering, McMaster University (1998)
- M. Eng. “Adaptive Force Control for Robotic Disk Grinding”, Mechanical Engineering, McMaster University (1991)
- B. Eng. Mechanical Engineering, McMaster University (1989)
- Spar Aerospace, Brampton, ON, Robotic Dinosaur Motion Control Team, (1996-1998)
- ATS Automation Tooling Systems, Cambridge, ON, System Specialist - Robotics, Fluid Dispensing & Vibration Control, (1998-2011)
- ENG TECH 1EL3 - Electricity and Electronics (Lab Instructor)
- AUTO TECH 2TS3 - Thermodynamics & Heat Transfer
- AUTO TECH 3CT3 - Control Theory
- AUTO TECH 3TS3 - Fluid Mechanics
- AUTO TECH 3VD3 - Mechanical Vibrations
- AUTO TECH 4DV3 - Vehicle Dynamics
- AUTO TECH 4TR3 - Capstone Design
- After designing and building automation equipment for 15 years, Timber joined the B. Tech. team as an assistant professor in July 2011. The course materials he designs are always a nice balance between the theory and the practical knowledge. With industrial applications in mind, Timber employs insightful in-class demonstrations and interesting lab experiments to engage the students in the learning.
- In his spare time, Timber likes to play with his audio systems. He is especially interested in tuning loud speakers. He also manages and runs the sound systems for his church.
- Fluid Dispensing, Robotics, Control Systems, Vibration Control & Experiential Learning.